Home » Thoughts
Category Archives: Thoughts
The time is always right to do what is right. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Tennessee Williams quotes “The longest distance between two places is time” but let’s keep it shorter by using the right hour to communicate!.
These clocks are available from http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
New Year Greetings
A few tips to improve your communication by email
- Define an object with right keywords: an empty object field could direct your message to the spam box!
- Be concise! In most cases, healing only the first two lines of your email will appear! Avoid empty lines between paragraphs.
- Clarify which action is expected from your recipient. Plan to a single action request as many users (like me!) use their mailbox as a to-do list.
- If you request a meeting, see define and document the issues to be addressed.
- Avoid large attached files (if their size exceeds 1 Mb, prefer a file repository like Dropbox, SpeedyShare, … ).
- The name of each attached files must be explicit. Avoid “Presentation.ppt”, “MyReport.doc” : prefer “TurbineProject_JacquesPelton_140315”, “HCRGears_FinalReport_SHenriot_140315”. (Include your name and version date, avoid blank spaces).
- Identify yourself with an appropriate signature (your mobile phone number will be appreciated if you fix an appointment)
Other useful links: